HEADTEACHER’S PRAISE FOR SPELLER METCALFE WORK
She said: "The builders are doing fantastically. The first phase, the new key stage three and four-classroom block, is being handed over on May 28.
"We will then have to get out of the existing school building, for them to work on that, around May 31 and June 1.
"It's really going to have the wow factor; it's going to be stunning."
Some parts of the revamp have been brought forward and the school's playground has already been extended.
The Head paid tribute to the work being done by contractor Speller Metcalfe and the County Council, which is funding the project.
She said disruption to pupils and teachers had been kept to a minimum by the considerate builders. Noisy work, for example has been carried out before or after lessons.
She added: "Things have gone better than expected. There has been a high level of anxiety both on the staff side and from parents but the builders have been very conscious of making sure we can get on with what we have to do."