CONSIDERATE CONSTRUCTORS IN LEDBURY
As part of our voluntary commitment to the national Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS), we have successfully completed a range of local commitments with a view to giving back to the community, as well as keeping local residents updated with developments and maintaining open dialogue.
These CCS activities include:
- Sponsorship of Ledbury Reserves Football Club shirts
- Sponsorship of Ledbury Young Farmers Frog Racing Fundraising Evening (Aug 2011)
- Twenty SM employees taking to the streets on a float for Ledbury Carnival (Aug 2011 + attached photo)
- Community open evening to explain how works would be managed to minimise impact on local residents.
- Fortnightly project update to the Town Council offices
- Project blog to display updates www.ledburymastershouse.blogspot.com
- Confirmed meeting with John Masefield High School to discuss educational opportunities for students and local primary feeder schools such as assemblies, lesson activities and visits to site
- Letters to Ledbury High Street residents and nearby residents to explain the management of works
- Questionnaire to local businesses and residents to assess if works are being managed successfully and if other action can be taken to minimise disruption
- Design and build of a pergola for local charity Salter’s Hill to enable gardening workshops to continue during winter months
- Paid employment of two Salter’s Hill adults (local charity) with learning difficulties to clean the site accommodation and provide independent skills opportunities
- Monitoring of the site CO₂ emissions, footprint and transport to and from the site
- Christmas decorations to be erected in December and Christmas cards sent to local residents