Job title and location:
Design Manager, Construction division (Wolverhampton office)
Reporting to: Pre-Construction Manager
Key responsibilities and attributes (including but not limited to):
- Appointment & co-ordination of design professionals to develop proposals
- Reviewing design proposals of subcontractors & design consultants to ensure compliance with the client brief or performance specification
- Chairing & recording minutes of design team meetings; following up actions required thereafter
- Liaison with clients and project stakeholders to development briefs and hierarchy of needs
- Planning & co-ordinating programmes for design development
- Working with estimating staff and client’s cost advisors to ensure that design proposals meet budgets and achieve value for money
- Input into ensuring that planning conditions and building control approvals are signed off in a timely manner.
- Input into tender bids and representing the company at tender interviews
- Input into achieving environmental assessment schemes for Buildings, such as BREEAM & Passivhaus
- Input into ensuring design complies with CDM regulations
- Input into delivering projects using Building Information Management (BIM) workflows
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package: