Indoor Sports Centre, University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Sports & Leisure
Speller Metcalfe was contracted to transform the existing indoor sports centre at the University of Bristol into a more modern and user-friendly space for the students and staff to enjoy.
The works took place over two floors and included the reconfiguration of the indoor sports centre to provide a more flexible and adaptable environment from the client’s requirements. This included:
- Internal and external alterations;
- The complete strip out of the ground floor and first floor walls;
- The reconfiguration of the gym offices from the ground floor to the first floor;
- The conversion of the ground floor into an open plan gym space;
- The ground floor gym area also required a completed new M&E system.
We delivered the project to shell standard and then managed the fit out contractor, Matrix, who were employed to install the gym equipment. We installed specialist internals such as the sports flooring and refurbished the externals facade at the front of the building to include a new rain-screen mesh cladding on the front.
The project achieved the BREEAM target of Very Good.