Tamworth Future High Streets Project
Tamworth Borough Council
Commercial & Industrial
Tamworth Borough Council have appointed Speller Metcalfe as delivery partner in plans to transform Tamworth town centre.
The construction firm will work alongside the Council to deliver the ambitious plans for the government funded Future High Streets project.
Tamworth was awarded £21.65 million from the Future High Streets Fund to transform the town centre into the busy, thriving heart of the community.
This stage of the project will cover:
- A new enterprise centre in the original 19th century former Co-operative building on Colehill
- The Middle Entry renovations which will see the walkway roof removed and some vacant units demolished to be replaced by a new flexible, multi-use building for independent small businesses
- Restoration and refurbishment of the late 18th century Peel Café, bringing a historic building back into use in a way that enhances its original Georgian features
- Restoration and refurbishment of the historic vacant properties on Market Street and creating a wider footbridge into the castle grounds
- Public realm works that will link all the projects together
The scheme was procured through the Constructing West Midlands Framework.