Senior Site Manager
Job title and location:
Senior Site Manager (Midlands based – Wolverhampton office)
Project Manager/Contracts Manager
- Attendance at pre-start meetings.
- Quality control to ensure delivery to a high standard.
- Control and monitor progress of the works.
- Input to the planning and programming of activities to ensure delivery to schedule.
- Input into commercial management of projects.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations, achieving maximum marks on health and safety audits.
- Material ordering and reconciliation.
- Site measurement & setting out – when required
- Direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Delivering projects under the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
- Liaison with clients, design professionals and statutory bodies – (depending on value of the job)
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives – (depending on value of the job)
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers, leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Train and develop junior staff to meet current and assessed future requirements.
- Report all breaches of Health and Safety Rules and Regulations to the Health & Safety Manager and Contracts Manager/Project Manager.
- Make recommendation of material and plant requirements to the site manager.
- Ensure systems are in place in order that quality of work is to the prescribed standards.
- Monitor and record individual performances on site.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confidence and ability to communicate
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Technical Construction Knowledge
- Computer literate
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package: