Senior Site Manager – Construction division
Job title and location:
Senior Site Manager (Midlands / Wolverhampton office)
Project Manager/Contracts Manager
- Attendance at pre-start meetings.
- Quality control to ensure delivery to a high standard.
- Control and monitor progress of the works.
- Input to the planning and programming of activities to ensure delivery to schedule.
- Input into commercial management of projects.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations, achieving maximum marks on health and safety audits.
- Material ordering and reconciliation.
- Site measurement & setting out – when required
- Direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Delivering projects under the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
- Liaison with clients, design professionals and statutory bodies – (depending on value of the job)
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives – (depending on value of the job)
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers, leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Train and develop junior staff to meet current and assessed future requirements.
- Report all breaches of Health and Safety Rules and Regulations to the Health & Safety Manager and Contracts Manager/Project Manager.
- Make recommendation of material and plant requirements to the site manager.
- Ensure systems are in place in order that quality of work is to the prescribed standards.
- Monitor and record individual performances on site.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confidence and ability to communicate
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Technical Construction Knowledge
- Computer literate
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is a national building contractor and family-owned business, founded in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe – both experienced surveyors who aspired to be at the cutting edge of construction. Under their leadership our Company has grown to an annual turnover of over £120 million, working on projects across the public and private sectors.
Speller Metcalfe continue to be market leaders due to our passion for innovation and excellence in all that we do, delivered by a skilled and experienced team of over 200 staff and trade operatives. While we continue to build an enviable portfolio of works it is without doubt our teamwork ethos and family values that mark our ability to develop long-term relationships, with a substantial part of our business procured through direct negotiation.
We value and develop our staff in line with our company values of sustainable, forward-thinking, considerate, collaborative and trustworthy and our family culture runs throughout the Speller Metcalfe Group. We have been recognised for our commitment to people development through numerous awards and accolades including Investors in People (Silver) and are an equal opportunities employer.