Job title and location:
MEP Coordinator (Midlands)
Reporting to the MEP Manager, the MEP Coordinator has responsibility for the on site coordination of Mechanical and Electrical works on Projects undertaken by Speller Metcalfe Construction .
Working as a support service to the project delivery teams, the MEP Coordinator will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of Speller Metcalfe and will be expected to meet personal development targets, project goals and business targets.
Excellent technical knowledge, attention to quality and team working are essential components of the job role.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Work as an integral supports service member of the project delivery teams, co-ordinating the Mechanical & Electrical elements through all stages of numerous construction projects.
- Provide technical assistance and assist the project delivery team to supervise site works undertaken by the MEP Supply Chain Partner, ensuring works are planned, co-ordinated and completed in accordance with the project specifics and relevant legislation and programme .
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained with the use of Fieldwire.
- Undertake Project Reports for each Project and issue around the team.
- Provide assistance to the Project teams on all aspects of the coordination of the MEP Commissioning activities,
- Provide input to witnessing / demonstration and handover documents such as the Health & Safety File, Technical files, O&M Manuals and commissioning records.
- Meet with designers and MEP supply chain partners on a regular basis to monitor progress of the design, procurement, installation and commissioning works against the contract programme.
- Identify potential project risks and take appropriate mitigation action in accordance with contract requirements.
- Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate.
- Liaise with other function/departmental personnel in Pre-construction, Construction, Planning, Procurement & Commercial.
- Liaison with the end user and customer team to discuss and explain the MEP systems at a technical level.
- Sign off and approval technical approval packs, technical submissions, drawings and soft landings at a technical level
Key attributes you will have include:
- Acts with honesty and integrity;
- Takes responsibility and accountability;
- Is a team player;
- Takes responsibility for safety;
- Has strong morals;
- Builds and manages strong relationships;
- Strong levels of self-awareness;
- Acts with curiosity;
- Listens to understand;
- Interacts with the team and the business;
- Shows high levels of emotional intelligence;
- Is open and embraces change;
- Shows positivity;
- Is proactive;
- Shows an open mind;
- Drives for results.
- Knowledge of the Building Sector, specifically Electrical & Mechanical on site experience in both delivery, inspection and validation, Mechanical Bias would be desirable but not essential to the right candidate.
- Previous employment as a MEP Coordinator, M or E Project Engineer, M or E Project Manager, M or E Supervisor, Graduate Engineer or similar roles.
- Minimum of 3 years Experience in the above roles
- Up to date knowledge of MEP & Building Regs
- Mechanical or Electrical based NVQ Level 3
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package:
If you are interested in this role please email email@example.com.