Job title and location:
IT Technician, Malvern
IT Support Manager
The successful candidate will be supporting the IT Support Manager by providing first and second line support to Speller Metcalfe staff across all office and construction sites. The position is office based (Malvern) and will involve on-site and remote working including travel to other locations, 95% of which are located in the West Midlands and M5 corridor locations.
This is an entry level position within the company with considerable room for advancement. The exposure to a wide range of technical disciplines, technologies and all aspects of our support responsibilities means that the progression of your skill set and experience with different areas of IT and infrastructure support will be accelerated.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide first and second line support to SML staff for all issues with desktop and laptops both in office and site locations;
- Manage Active Directory accounts, including creation and deactivating;
- Provide advice and guidance on mobile network and devices;
- Carry out project work including help with the specification and implementation;
- Update and maintain all software and asset registers;
- Provide support for server backups (both server and user).
- Be able to work on own initiative, taking ownership of issues from inception to resolution;
- Possess good problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues quickly and efficiently;
- Prioritise issues and manage time in the most efficient manner to provide the business with the best response;
- Be able to work in a small team with a mixture of project work and user support;
- Good telephone manner;
- Possess a full driving licence and preferably a vehicle, candidate must be willing to travel to office and site locations.
Relevant experience / qualifications:
- Windows 10 & 11 professional
- Microsoft Office 2013 onwards
- Microsoft 365
- Window Server 2012 & 16
- Active Directory
- Antivirus software
- Android and IOS
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is a national building contractor and family-owned business, founded in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe – both experienced surveyors who aspired to be at the cutting edge of construction. Under their leadership our Company has grown to an annual turnover of over £120 million, working on projects across the public and private sectors.
Speller Metcalfe continue to be market leaders due to our passion for innovation and excellence in all that we do, delivered by a skilled and experienced team of over 200 staff and trade operatives. While we continue to build an enviable portfolio of works it is without doubt our teamwork ethos and family values that mark our ability to develop long-term relationships, with a substantial part of our business procured through direct negotiation.
We value and develop our staff in line with our company values of sustainable, forward-thinking, considerate, collaborative and trustworthy and our family culture runs throughout the Speller Metcalfe Group. We have been recognised for our commitment to people development through numerous awards and accolades including Investors in People (Silver) and are an equal opportunities employer.