Job title and location:
Document controller – Midlands (Malvern office – hybrid working)
Process Manager & Trainer
The management of all information flow for multiple contracts, working with internal & external teams in accordance with the design deliverables for each individual project.
- Set up, manage and maintain Viewpoint 4 Projects document control systems in line with company, customer and project requirements.
- Coordinate all activities related to the document control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, statutory and commercial correspondence.
- Quality checking of documents to ensure they meet client and company standards, also for conformance with status and format agreed.
- Input document data into standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Work to deadlines and ensure that all departments/disciplines of the organisation are following the same procedures with regard to contract documentation.
- Ensure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, consultants, clients, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Troubleshoot any problems in relation to the drawing management system.
- Assist with development of and provide training to participants, designers and specialist suppliers on both existing and new projects on how to use the document management system effectively, (sessions to be delivered on site or third party premises from time to time).
- Administer the recording and distribution of information associated with Planning, Building Control & BREEAM.
- Assistance in the preparation collation and issue of design reports, meeting minutes and registers as may be required, including the recording of RFI’s, Sample Submittals & Technical Submissions.
- Support the project teams with the collation of “as built” construction information for the Building User Manuals leading up to project handover.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the Design Manager.
Relevant experience, qualifications and key attributes:
- Well organised, and methodical
- Good communication
- Experience setting up and using electronic document management systems
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge in use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and selected job specific software
- The ability to multitask
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package: