Job title and location:
Contracts Manager (Midlands – Malvern division)
Divisional Commercial Lead
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Attendance at tender interviews as required;
- Production of health & safety and environmental plans for projects;
- Taking part and or chairing design development meetings;
- Chairing pre-let package meetings with subcontractor / package contractors;
- Production of a quality plan for the project;
- Production of a procurement schedule;
- Production of a request for information system (RFI) from the design team;
- Ensuring all pre-start planning conditions have been satisfied and contact established with building control.
- Monitoring of the site team’s performance via regular site visits and monthly marking of supply chain;
- Monitoring and maintaining control over the programme, procurement schedule and environmental plan;
- Ensuring that information is received in a timely way via regular upkeep of the RFI schedule;
- Chairing coordination meetings with subcontractors to ensure smooth running of the project;
- Monitoring health and safety and environmental performance through site visits and close liaison with specialist internal managers of these disciplines;
- Managing the relationship with the client to the best effect;
- Attendance at main project progress meeting with a comprehensive progress report as per the company template;
- Writing contractual notice letters in line with whatever form of contract is in use;
- Managing the relationship with the design team regardless of the form of procurement;
- Providing all necessary information for the preparation of the health and safety files.
- Ensuring any snags remaining at handover (or any that arise post-handover) are dealt with as a matter of urgency;
- Assisting the client care team in the resolution of any latent defects;
- Liaison with marketing team to ensure that positive aspects are captured for promotion of the company, as well as identifying any lessons learnt.
- 5 years’ experience;
- Experience in education, healthcare or leisure sector;
- Experience in JCT and NEC contracts;
- Experience with projects between the value of £5 – 15million.
Key attributes you will have include:
- Commercially driven;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Confidence and ability to communicate;
- Ability to mediate conflicting points of view;
- Good understanding of construction contracts and construction law;
- Good technical knowledge of construction;
- Awareness of health safety and environmental issues.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package: