Bid Manager – Midlands based (Wolverhampton division)
Reporting to: Pre-construction manager
As a Bid Manager you will assemble and manage a bid team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
The Bid Manager is responsible for managing both single and two-stage tenders from initial identification of opportunity through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, programme development, commercial considerations and risk management.
You will be the key client facing individual throughout the whole process.
Duties and responsibilities within the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing, reviewing and coordinating all submissions as required for the Wolverhampton region, ensuring they are produced to the highest level of quality;
- Preparing all internal bid management documents such as project/bid briefing presentations, answer plans, client research, bid programmes, opportunities and risk schedules etc;
- Undertaking Gap Analysis and identification of the right resources to support the best possible bid;
- Early development of effective ‘bid-win’ strategies.
- Experience in both framework and single stage tendering in the healthcare, education and leisure sectors is essential.
Key attributes you will have include:
- An excellent communicator, facilitator and presenter;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Ability to identify early bid-win strategies;
- Self-motivated, logical and resourceful with the ability to prioritise workload;
- Skills to engage and manage a team to collaborate at the highest level;
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members, clients and consultants at all levels;
- Coaching and mentoring of individual members of the team to support development.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities. Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package: