Assistant Quantity Surveyor
A bit about us:
Speller Metcalfe is one of the UK’s leading regional contractors, working across the Midlands and South West regions. With offices in Malvern and Wolverhampton, we deliver a range of public and private sector projects from £250k up to £30 million, and have grown to an annual turnover of £130 million.
Established in 1995 by Steve Speller and Andy Metcalfe, their vision was to develop a business at the cutting edge of construction, built upon an ethos of family values which are reflected in everything we do:
Family | Safety | Honesty | Collaboration | Forward-thinking | Sustainability
Our mission has always been to encourage, develop and combine the individual skills of our staff, and we welcome and encourage staff from all backgrounds and abilities.
Job title and location:
Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Midlands based (Malvern office)
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will support the Lead Quantity Surveyor to undertake the following:
- Liaising with the team to place sub-contractor trade orders with comprehensive records of contractual agreements;
- Ensure all sub-contractor payments are made in a timely manner and in accordance with order agreements, in accordance with the Construction Act;
- Ensure all notices to sub-contractors are issued in the required time frames;
- Ensure that all contractual correspondence is produced in an acceptable format and in a timely manner;
- Prepare cost value reports and cost forecasts for monthly review with the commercial manager and leadership teams;
- Closely monitor and evaluate the value of works packages through physical re-measure of works carried out on site;
- Close liaison with the client and clients cost control representative to provide proactive advice on project costs;
- Ensure all valuations are submitted and received in accordance with agreed valuation schedules;
- Review and ensure all contract final accounts are submitted and agreed in a timely manner;
- Utilisation of BIM / electronic take off software to extract accurate quantity information from design drawings.
- Take offs;
- Commercially driven;
- Ambition to progress in a commercial environment;
- Undertaking or willing to undertake further learning in Quantity Surveying;
- IT literate in Excel and Word;
- Able to drive with full license;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Confidence and ability to communicate;
- Ability to mediate conflicting points of view;
- Experience of construction;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Awareness of health, safety and environmental issues.
Those who join the Speller Metcalfe team will have access to a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package:
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.